Our Grant Program
RMHC of Burlington Grant Program is supported through funds which are generated from donation boxes located in the McDonald’s restaurants along with local and national promotions within each store and the sale of newspapers such as the Rutland Herald and the Burlington Free Press.
Each quarter, RMHC of Burlington awards grants to local non-profit agencies that support children within our McDonald’s market area.
The Grant Application Deadline for each quarter is:
Quarter 1 – March 30th
Quarter 2 – June 30th
Quarter 3 – September 30th
Quarter 4 – December 30th*
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are not accepting grants for Q4* Please check back in Q1 for updates and changes.
Guidelines for Giving:
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) national and local mission is to help as many children as possible in communities around the world by supporting “homes-away from home” for families of seriously ill children and other programs that help children reach their fullest potential. All local RMHC grants to not-for-profit organizations whose programs help children reach their fullest potential in three distinct areas:
- Civic and Social Services
- Education and the Arts
- Health Care and Medical Research including the Burlington, Vermont Ronald McDonald House
These guidelines are provided to help your organization prepare a successful grant application. Please study it carefully and include all information with your proposals or they may not be reviewed by the RMHC Grant Committee. Although your organization may send a completed application, we cannot fund all programs.
The criteria enclosed are our guidelines. Once an application has been submitted, those applications cannot be altered to meet guidelines or criteria.
Guidelines: Funding Considerations
To be considered for funding, an organization should submit a 501(c)3 or letter from project leader. Each organization may submit one grant every three years.
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Grant Committee is most interested in organizations that have:
- A program that directly benefits children
- Consistent and affective management
- Clear goals and objectives
- A broad base of funding support
- A demonstrated ability to respond to the needs of specific groups of children in a manner that yields measurable results
- A need for funding for specific program support
- A need for funding within one year of making application