- This event has passed.
VOLUNTEER OPEN HOUSE
June 5 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Interested in learning more about volunteering with us? Please join us at an upcoming Volunteer Open House held every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until 1 p.m. Stop by the House, have a tour, meet the volunteer manager and learn more about our many exciting volunteer options. If you would like to schedule a time during these drop-in hours, please email [email protected]
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities including:
- House Volunteer: Spend a shift as often as you can helping to cover the house operations. This includes small tasks, refreshing rooms, light chores, taking reservations, answering phones, etc…(Three-hour shifts)
- Overnight Weekend Volunteers: We need volunteers on Friday and Saturday nights to cover the overnight shift.
- Family Room Volunteer: Cover the Family Room on Baird 5 at the UVM Children’s Hospital to families can have access to laundry, shower, kitchen and some other comforts of home. (Three-hour shifts)
- Prepare Dinner: We strive to have a home cooked meal for our guests each night.
- Baking: There is something very comforting about fresh baked goods!
- One Time Projects: From time to time we need helping hands to complete larger projects! These include outdoor clean-ups, organization, painting and more! These are ideal for a larger group or organization.
- Event Volunteers: A few times each year we need extra helpers at our fundraisers!
Note: the Open House is a chance for us to get to you know you, and for you to get to know what volunteer opportunities we have available. It is drop-in hours, and is not an open time for people to come and complete volunteer hours. If you have questions about the Open House, please contact us at 802-862-4943.