The Ronald McDonald House of Burlington depends on the generosity of our donors, community members, and partners to provide hope, caring, and support to the families of ill children visiting or residing in Vermont and receiving medical care.
Over 90% of our funding comes from individuals and the community, and the remaining 10% is provided by Ronald McDonald House Charities. While it costs the Ronald McDonald House in Burlington over $70 a night per family to provide housing and supportive services, families are only asked to contribute $10 per night. No one is ever turned away due to inability to pay.
There are many ways you can help support our House, Family Room and Care Mobile. Every gift, of any size, is greatly appreciated by our entire team and those we serve. And, as a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, your gift is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways you can make a gift to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington including making a donation to the annual appeal (general fund) or by making a planned gift.
Make your gift by mail: Send your check or money order to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington
16 South Winooski Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401
*Checks should be made payable to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington
Donate a gift certificate
Gift certificates for goods or services from your business are used as an auction or prize item at one of our fundraising events. We rely on the support and donations of the local business community to help make our fundraising campaigns successful. Contact us for more information .
Help Sponsor a Fundraising Event
Talk to us about fundraising events that your community might like to sponsor to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington.
Collect Can Pull Tabs/ Pop Tabs
Donate your pull tabs/ pop tabs. Bring or mail to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities
16 South Winooski Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401
*** Pop tabs defray the lodging cost for guest families.
Collect non-perishable food items for our families. Deliver the food to the House and get a tour. Great for downtown office projects. Collect all month and then take turns dropping off the items! A little effort can make a big difference.
United Way Designation
Designate the Ronald McDonald House of Burlington, VT as your United Way Campaign choice in Vermont and New York. Since the Ronald McDonald House of Burlington is not a member of the Chittenden County United Way, make your donations directly or through “donor choice.” You can also designate the Ronald McDonald House of Burlington as your CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) choice.
Memorial or Honor Donations
Acknowledge an exemplary person by making a monetary contribution in the form for a donation, Honorarium or Memorial.
Prepare a Meal
Each evening we like to provide a home-cooked meal for our guest families. To schedule a time to prepare a meal or for more information contact Deanna Cameron or call 802-862-4943.
Spread the Word!
Send us a list of friends, family and business associates, and we will send them literature about the Ronald McDonald House Charities, its activities and opportunities
Gifts of monetary value to the Ronald McDonald House Charities are tax deductible.
By remembering Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington in your will or estate plans, you assure that we can provide a “home away from home” for future generations of guest families. Learn More
If you have stock that has appreciated in value and are concerned about paying large capital gains taxes, make your profits count by donating the stock to the Ronald McDonald House Charities instead of selling it.
- You pay no capital gains upon the transfer of the stock to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- You will receive a charitable tax deduction for the full market value of the stock if you have held it for more than a year.
To receive a charitable tax deduction, donate a life insurance policy you own, or purchase a new policy and designate the Ronald McDonald House Charities as the owner and beneficiary.
Wills and Bequests
You can add the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Burlington to your will through an amendment called a codicil, so your entire will does not have to be rewritten.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
By establishing a Charitable Remainder Trust, you can set aside some of your appreciated assets now for the future benefit of RMHC, while reserving a lifetime income for yourself and/or others. By doing so, you will be entitled to a significant deduction from current income taxes for the charitable value of the trust.Support Us